Thread: Opentk Opengl issue

Beans

Opentk Opengl issue

Hi I am trying to work with C# and mono, I downloaded opentk http://www.opentk.com/

I have a similar experience to the poster in this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11998770

However, instead of a DllNotFoundException, I get a NullReferenceException error, both when I try to run the examples that use OpenGL and when I try to run any code that I compile. (Everything compiles fine, and I can run the sound examples just fine (uses OpenAL))

Code:
    Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StarterKit.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StarterKit.Game.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StarterKit.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at StarterKit.Game.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    So I guess that it is somehow the interface between mono and opengl that is screwing everything up.

I've got a whole bunch of opengl libraries and development versions and utility packages and whatnot installed. How do I go about troubleshooting this?

glxgears works fine, and glxinfo says my glx version is 1.4

Edit:
    Ok, so I asked on the openTK forums as well, and it seems there is an issue with the current stable release of OpenTK.
    opentk.com/node/1811
    Installing the current SVN seems to have resolved the issue, though I would still like to know how I would have gone about trouble shooting the issue.
    Last edited by Minguo; November 18th, 2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Issue resolved.