Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: flash plugin not loading

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    31

    flash plugin not loading

    The main issue is that flash is not loading in sites like youtube.
    It is showing "could not load shockwave flash" at the top and "couldn't load plugin" on the playing window.

    I have installed flash-plugin (adobe) and checked that plugin is enabled in chrome (chrome://plugins).

    It is installed, but it is not loading. Please suggest solutions.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    31

    Unhappy Re: flash plugin not loading

    no one here to help me out.

    That's sad.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Try this:

    Post this command in a terminal: sudo apt-get install default-jre

    This will give you full Java support, then open Synaptic package manager and type "flash" in search and then right click the package and add the "Suggested" packages.

    Did you fully update the system?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    By the way, keep in mind that Shockwave and Flash are two different products and there is no linux version of shockwave.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    Try this:

    Post this command in a terminal: sudo apt-get install default-jre

    This will give you full Java support, then open Synaptic package manager and type "flash" in search and then right click the package and add the "Suggested" packages.

    Did you fully update the system?
    Thank you for your reply. Let me try. May I know what is default-jre?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    By the way, keep in mind that Shockwave and Flash are two different products and there is no linux version of shockwave.
    But it is showing like that

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by aneez004 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Let me try. May I know what is default-jre?
    It's the default version of Java that Ubuntu uses.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by aneez004 View Post
    But it is showing like that
    Shockwave plays back applications built with Adobe Director, a multimedia and application development program also used to make interactive CD-ROM's and kiosks.

    Flash plays back applications built with Adobe Flash, a vector animation program that also can be used to build applications.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Metro Boston
    Beans
    8,753
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    I've found the most reliable way to install flashplayer is to retrieve it from the partner repository.

    Use your package manager to activate the "partner" repository, or simply remove the hash mark from the beginning of the line:

    Code:
    deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise partner
    in /etc/apt/sources.list. Then update the repositories and install adobe-flashplugin. From the command line you can simply do:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
    I've never had any problem watching videos at YouTube (or anywhere else) when I use this method.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

    Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: flash plugin not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I've found the most reliable way to install flashplayer is to retrieve it from the partner repository.

    Use your package manager to activate the "partner" repository, or simply remove the hash mark from the beginning of the line:

    Code:
    deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise partner
    in /etc/apt/sources.list. Then update the repositories and install adobe-flashplugin. From the command line you can simply do:

    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
    I've never had any problem watching videos at YouTube (or anywhere else) when I use this method.
    Thank you for your reply. Let me try it

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •