Thread: Rotate Cube and Firefox Middle Click Conflict

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Rotate Cube and Firefox Middle Click Conflict

I know that on one of my machines I have the rotate cube plugin mapped to the middle mouse button, and I also have firefox scrolling and opening a new tab attached to the middle mouse button. On one machine however when I am in a firefox window and middle mouse click instead of opening a new tab or scrolling I start rotating the cube. Does anyone know how to resolve this conflict? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Rotate Cube and Firefox Middle Click Conflict

the way i get rid of that conflict is to disable the "Initiate" function under "Bindings" within the "Rotate Cube" section of the compiz menu and then make sure that the "Viewport Switcher" option is enabled on the main compiz menu. If you look in the settings for "Viewport Switcher" under the "Desktop-based Viewport switching" tab everything should be disabled except for "initiate plugin action" which should be set to "button 2" and the "plugin for initiate action" should be "rotate". If you do this you should be able to middle click to open new tabs in firefox, move icons around panels with middle click, autoscroll in firefox...etc. and use the middle button to rotate the cube. The only caveat is that to use the middle button to rotate you have to click directly on the desktop and not within any sort of window. This might not be what you want, but this is how i work around the conflict. Hope it helps!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by jelly5 View Post
    the way i get rid of that conflict is to disable the "Initiate" function under "Bindings" within the "Rotate Cube" section of the compiz menu and then make sure that the "Viewport Switcher" option is enabled on the main compiz menu. If you look in the settings for "Viewport Switcher" under the "Desktop-based Viewport switching" tab everything should be disabled except for "initiate plugin action" which should be set to "button 2" and the "plugin for initiate action" should be "rotate". If you do this you should be able to middle click to open new tabs in firefox, move icons around panels with middle click, autoscroll in firefox...etc. and use the middle button to rotate the cube. The only caveat is that to use the middle button to rotate you have to click directly on the desktop and not within any sort of window. This might not be what you want, but this is how i work around the conflict. Hope it helps!
    Nice!!!!
    worked for me, thanks for the info.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jelly5 View Post
    You. Are. Brilliant.

I apologise for this necrobump, but this person has to be thanked!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Old thread closed.