Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ugr 12.10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    5
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Question Ugr 12.10

    Possible to install this new variant via Wubi? Not sure if I want to keep it just yet and don't want to have to rebuild BCD if I choose to remove.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Beans
    39,979
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    5
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    That's set up to download a version from the web and install. I was wondering if the version on the ISO would use the files already there instead of downloading from web.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Beans
    39,979
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    I'd guess using wubi.exe from the CD will do likewise, but certainly downloading wubi.exe and running it with the 12.10 Live CD in the drive will access the drive to extract the files and install Ubuntu.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    WI USA
    Beans
    10,002
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    Wubi from the ISO installs faster but you have to download and burn the DVD so it's a horse a piece. Both will require updates after installation but it is nice to have the live DVD/USB.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

    Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    Quote Originally Posted by jcurtiswood View Post
    Possible to install this new variant via Wubi? Not sure if I want to keep it just yet and don't want to have to rebuild BCD if I choose to remove.
    It's not supported by Wubi. You might be able to trick wubi into installing it, but not directly from the ISO. 12.10 wubi only installs Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Lubuntu/Mythbuntu

    Re tricking Wubi, here's an example of what I mean: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...g-xubuntu.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    5
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbc View Post
    It's not supported by Wubi. You might be able to trick wubi into installing it, but not directly from the ISO. 12.10 wubi only installs Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu/Lubuntu/Mythbuntu

    Re tricking Wubi, here's an example of what I mean: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...g-xubuntu.html
    Thanks for the advice and answer to my question. I figure I'll just wait until Canonical officially endorses the spin.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Vancouver
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ugr 12.10

    Quote Originally Posted by jcurtiswood View Post
    Thanks for the advice and answer to my question. I figure I'll just wait until Canonical officially endorses the spin.
    Good idea.

    Sometimes I plug in an external USB drive and install to that. It works well if you just want to try it out (just make sure you install grub to the external drive).

    It's not guaranteed that Wubi will support this in 13.04 (if you want it you should create a bug in launchpad to request it - otherwise the devs may not be aware of it).

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •