Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse not working with 12.10

Beans

Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse not working with 12.10

Hi, I just upgraded my desktop to 12.10. The keyboard and mouse are just not detected. I've tried booting into a usb live image and the same thing too. They keyboard is a K400 logitech keyboard and it worked fine under 12.04. It also works fine under 12.10 in my laptop... Any ideas? I'm really stuck here because this is the only keyboard I have and I don't know hot to proceed to fix the issue without a keyboard itself...

Beans

Re: Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse not working with 12.10

Actually, even a wired mouse and keyboard has this problem, both from my installed version and a live usb image. What a horrible problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Angry Re: Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse not working with 12.10

You might want to keep an eye on this thread, we all seem to be having the same issue. Mine is doing the same thing, I thought it was the wireless keyboard and mouse, then I went wired and it's the same problem either way.

Is everything working for you at the log on screen?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...7#post12337827

Here as well...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2059135&page=2
    Last edited by bjforesthowell; November 5th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Beans

Don't know if its related, but I'm also getting weird video glitches on the grub screen... And this happens to the keyboard even when you go into recovery mode...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I just did a fresh install, and it's not the updates I downloaded. Now, when I log in the screen flickers, it logs me off, and I can see the mouse again while I'm at the log in screen. Whenever I move the mouse the screen flickers more. I'm not dual booting so I don't get the grub screen in order to put myself into the CLI. Do you know how to interrupt the boot so that I can try to fix it from there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've got an NVIDA vido card and this worked for me after working with NikTh (nick-athens30) on launchpad....

During boot you're going to see a purple screen with no Grub options if you're not dual booting. When you see that purple screen hold the [SHIFT] key until grub menu appears and select "Advanced settings".

At this point, you're going to want to select the kernel with the recovery mode options and just hit enter at the next screen.

Once I was in recovery mode I had my input devices and everything was gravy. I was able to run the software update then, while I was in I installed drivers with the directions from this site...

http://www.noobslab.com/2012/10/inst...in-ubuntu.html

Now my global menu and launcher aren't coming up, but this shouldn't be a problem to fix now that I've got input devices.

I hope this helps...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you've got an Nvidia video card here's how you get your top menu and launcher back after you have access to your input devices...

http://askubuntu.com/a/202587/104413

Beans

I'm having the same issue. Installed 12.10 and it doesn't recognize my logitech wireless keyboard or mouse. They both worked with the live cd. I opted to have it log me in automatically so I don't know if they would have worked then.

Beans

Neither my Roccat Mouse or Logitech keyboard work after updating to Ubuntu 12.10. The are both USB connected. I even tried them in different ports!

Ubuntu gets to the login screen, but obviously, I can't log in as my keyboard doesn't work! It worked fine in Grub.

I have an ATI graphics card so can't really see the connection with that and my mouse and keyboard not working!

Any ideas? Please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

having the same issue with my wireless keyboard.
    just bought a Vizio CA24-01 all in one, and only the meta, alt, shift and ctrl keys are detected.
    at least the touchpad works somewhat *detected as generic mouse, no touchpad settings...
    i used that to make my sgs3 android smartphone couple with the system and type using the phone screen as my keyboard. yeah... it s not necessarily the optimal setup, but at least i can type!
    that is what i am using to type this.
    i am about to file a bug on launchpad for this....

Done.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/1090956
    Last edited by Tiede; December 16th, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added launchpad bug link.
    The oldest n00b in the 1337 world...
    I'm all for thinner screens... but how will the tiny people from CRTs fit in them?
    My current desktop for 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast