I've started using E17, and so far I really like it. But it has some crucial issues that, if I can't find a way to solve, will make me return to Gnome-Shell. Can anyone help with these issues?
1. No digital clock on panel - That analog clock is nigh unreadable at the small size I have the shelf set at, and I don't want to waste more screen realestate.
2. Serious glitchiness with GTK apps - Programs that use gtk have serious glitchiness. They dont resize properly, sometimes get odd bits of transparency or freeze up. They also don't theme properly, but I can fix that by launching the gnome-settings-daemon.
3. (Minor) No scale plugin or expose - When I was using Unity with Compiz, I had scale plugin. With Gnome-Shell, the activities overview functioned similarly. And I know Mac has something similar called Expose. The point is, while I can do without it, my entire method of managing windows before consisted of minimize and the scale plugin or overview.
4. No way to have buttons on left side without using a not very good theme - I tried recompiling the theme and changing it to look better, but it wouldn't compile after I deccompiled.
5. Occasional segfaults on menus - These used to be whenever I passed over "Accessories" or "Other", but I fixed that by removing certain problem items. Now it just occasionally does it randomly.
6. Keyboard volume control buttons don't work - I have to use the Mixer module.
Other than these issues, I love it, so if you can help me solve any of these issues, please help.