Thread: NoMachine NX Free session problem

Beans

NoMachine NX Free session problem

Hi,

I'm first in linux world and it's the first time using Ubuntu. All the problems that I've found I could solve looking the solutions over the web, but I stuck here:

I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed on my machine with NX Free Client, Node and Server with 2 users: administrator user and a test user.
    I also have installed Gnome-shell with the fallback session extension.

On my work machine (Windows 7), I have NX Free Client for Windows installed. I configured the node.conf to intiate the gnome session with the fallback.

If I try to connect using the administratior credentials, I can only see the desktop and the icons on it.

If I try to connect using the test user, everything goes right. To acess my admin account, I have to load the NX Client inside the test session to access my administrator account. Doing this, I can get everything working right.

Any ideas how can I solve this?

Sorry my bad english.

Beans

Re: NoMachine NX Free session problem

Any one? Sorry if this is the wrong area...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Do you have both connections configured to be interactive?

Do you have a separate server.cfg on the server for each user? Are the values for enabling interactive session shadowing and desktop sharing the same.
    Last edited by QIII; October 26th, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Beans

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I dont't think that I'm using separete server.cfg for each user.. How can I check it?

I'm using the default configuration of NX Free.. The interative session shadowing and desktop sharing values are the same...

Beans

I'm just about to create another administrator user in order to make this happen.. But I'm wondering why my default administrator user fail on show the Gnome-classic and the test user works fine showing it...