Thread: Graphics drivers screwed up Unity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Graphics drivers screwed up Unity

Alright, this is embarrassing. Just installed 12.10, took a look at the graphics drivers I'll need from the Nvidia website. I installed and downloaded the ones I need, rebooted my computer and was greeted by a low-resolution login screen. I logged in to find that the wallpaper and the cursor were the only things working.

I figured I must have downloaded the wrong drivers, so I re-installed Ubuntu and this time downloaded the proprietary drivers, current and tested. Rebooted, and got the same low resolution screen (possibly 1280 x 720?) with only a wallpaper and cursor working after logging in.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 x64, and I'm running an Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI (1GB)

I had no graphics problems at all including drivers in 12.04. Anyone got any advice?

And by the way, yes I'm 100% POSITIVE I picked the correct drivers on the Nvidia website before I tried proprietary.

Beans

Re: Graphics drivers screwed up Unity

Not sure if you got this fixed or not, but try the solution mentioned by Lisiano here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...9#post12303179

Hope everything works out.