Thread: No Gmailwatcher notification in messaging menu

Beans

No Gmailwatcher notification in messaging menu

I just made a fresh 12.10 install. I installed gmailwatcher and set it up. When I get an email, it notifies me, but the messaging menu indicator does not turn blue. How do I get this functionality back?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: No Gmailwatcher notification in messaging menu

Good question. gm-notify also seems broken in 12.10. Are there any Unity gmail indicators that work?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by emdeem View Post
    Good question. gm-notify also seems broken in 12.10. Are there any Unity gmail indicators that work?
    Any idea if that is that just in unity or if it is it a general 12.10 problem?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Any idea if that is that just in unity or if it is it a general 12.10 problem?
    I haven't tested it with others, but I believe it's due to a Unity API change.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by emdeem View Post
    I haven't tested it with others, but I believe it's due to a Unity API change.
    AFAIK, Canonical introduced a new libindicator API with Unity (Ubuntu 11.10), completely incompatible with everything else and now in their infinite wisdom they have changed it all again with a new messaging menu api. The previous api is not supported anymore. There has been little information provided about the change or the new api, and good luck to any developer trying to find documentation on the new api.

Beans
    Distro

unity-mail seems to work well with Quantal. The only thing it's missing when compared to gm-notify is the ability to play a sound.