Thread: e-Sword verses do not highlight

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

e-Sword verses do not highlight

I'm running Pinguy OS (Ubuntu 12.04 customized) and e-sword 10.1 which was installed by the famous installer script posted on this forum. Everything runs great except that verses do not highlight when you click on it.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it's annoying to not visually be able to see which verse the commentary is referring to. Also it's really bad when I want to search for certain Greek or Hebrew words in the Bible. It used to highlight the word being searched so it's easy to see how that word is translated differently in different verses in the search box, etc.

But all this stopped working with Ubuntu 12.04. Anybody else with the same issue? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!!

Beans

Re: e-Sword verses do not highlight

It is true.. lets not do such things. because putting something to a bible that will make it dirty it will not be good to do. so we must not do this things or it is better to memorize the verses rather to highlight it ...

Bible teaching church in Oakville

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tak1150 View Post
    Everything runs great except that verses do not highlight when you click on it.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it's annoying to not visually be able to see which verse the commentary is referring to. Also it's really bad when I want to search for certain Greek or Hebrew words in the Bible. It used to highlight the word being searched so it's easy to see how that word is translated differently in different verses in the search box, etc.

But all this stopped working with Ubuntu 12.04. Anybody else with the same issue? Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!!
    having a similar - if not the same issue using wine 1.4, e-sword 10.1 and Ubuntu 12.10. The bible pane does not highlight when clicked, though the text "jumps" to the top of the pane, and the commentaries / dictionaries do not follow linking to the exact text clicked.

I posted elsewhere and have had no reasonable replies... anyone?

Beans

Yes
    This author has the same problem, and also with another, non-Bible, related app.

prism01

Beans
    Distro

Glad to know I'm not alone in this. Thanks.

Beans

I solved this problem by uninstalling and re-installing e-Sword.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by leunam12 View Post
    I solved this problem by uninstalling and re-installing e-Sword.
    I gave up on E-Sword. I love it but after upgrading to 12.04 Ubuntu it is just not working right and my favorite version of E-Sword, 7.98, won't install right anymore.

I now use "Word". It is very good. Search and you will find the program and how to install it in Ubuntu. It works very well...

Take Care...
    Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so...

Beans

I use TheWord most of the time. It installs and runs without problems.