Thread: Best Dell laptop for graphics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Best Dell laptop for graphics

I am graphics designer and I am looking for best Dell's graphics laptop with full support for Ubuntu 12.04 and higher versions.

I am interested in new (no old) Dell XPS 13 (from the Sputnik project).I was wondering whether it will have HDMI (Micro least) and an SD card reader. I know it works perfectly in Ubuntu, so I really want to know. I have great card reader, but card reder in laptop is more comfortable.

17R is OK, but a bit too costly so I'm looking for a laptop cost up to 650 € but with great hardware (Intel Core i5/i7 2nd/3rd gen. (or AMD Quad-Core A6-3410MX APU 1.6GHz or higher but no lover), 4 GB of RAM or higher, Nvidia 6xx/AMD Radeon 7xxx and 750 GB HDD or higher).

What do you think about this?
    Last edited by ZDroid; August 24th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Angry Re: Best Dell laptop for graphics

Anyone can help me?

Beans

Re: Best Dell laptop for graphics

Quote Originally Posted by ZDroid View Post
    17R is OK, but a bit too costly so I'm looking for a laptop cost up to 650 € but with great hardware (Intel Core i5/i7 2nd/3rd gen. (or AMD Quad-Core A6-3410MX APU 1.6GHz or higher but no lover), 4 GB of RAM or higher, Nvidia 6xx/AMD Radeon 7xxx and 750 GB HDD or higher).

What do you think about this?
    I think the hardware you are looking at is comparable to a Macbook Pro (without retina display). Processor, graphics, memory. If you can get that for 650 Euro (about $850 USD), that's easily 30-40% less than the Macbook. Sounds like a deal to me.

This site might be helpful:http://www.ubuntu.com/partners/dell

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Best Dell laptop for graphics

I am buyed HP 17.3" laptop, and it's good.