Thread: Brand new laptop dead

Beans

Exclamation Brand new laptop dead

I recently purchased a System76 Pangolin Performance. Unfortunately, my father placed the order and so I can't file a support ticket from my account.

Though the laptop arrived about two weeks ago, I was away at college, and I got my hands on it yesterday. Everything worked fine, and I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10. I was casually exploring LibreOffice when the laptop crashed. It just went blank: all lights are off. Now it won't come on. None of the lights will come on when I press the power button.

The laptop was on full charge and connected. It wasn't overheating and wasn't placed in a particularly hot place either. I tried unplugging and replugging the charger, but that didn't work.

Please help. This laptop was shipped to India and was rather expensive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Brand new laptop dead

Not sure what anyone here could do to help you. From what you describe it sounds like a serious harware problem. You could try to remove the battery for some time and then try to start again. But if this doesn't work, I would suggest that you return the laptop and request a replacement.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Brand new laptop dead

Quote Originally Posted by mazenzo View Post
    I recently purchased a System76 Pangolin Performance. Unfortunately, my father placed the order and so I can't file a support ticket from my account.

Though the laptop arrived about two weeks ago, I was away at college, and I got my hands on it yesterday. Everything worked fine, and I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10. I was casually exploring LibreOffice when the laptop crashed. It just went blank: all lights are off. Now it won't come on. None of the lights will come on when I press the power button.

The laptop was on full charge and connected. It wasn't overheating and wasn't placed in a particularly hot place either. I tried unplugging and replugging the charger, but that didn't work.

Please help. This laptop was shipped to India and was rather expensive.
    You can add the computer to your account using the serial number on the bottom of the system. Once you log in just click the "Add product by serial" button to add it. From there, you can create a ticket.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!