Ok, I did this:

sudo pglcmd stop
sudo rm -rf /var/spool/pgl/
sudo pglcmd start

and here's the terminal:

Code:
:~$ sudo pglcmd stop
[sudo] password for: 
 * Stopping PeerGuardian Linux pgld                                      [ OK ] 
:~$ sudo rm -rf /var/spool/pgl/
:~$ sudo pglcmd start
 * Starting PeerGuardian Linux pgld                                      [ OK ] 
:~$ pglgui
** Debug: "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pgl/pglcmd.defaults" 
** Debug: Connection to DBus was successful. 
** Debug: ~AddExceptionDialog() 
** Warning: bool hasPermissions(const QString&) Could not read from file "/etc/test_file" 
** Debug: Executing commands: 
 ("/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd start"") 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "" 
** Warning: bool hasPermissions(const QString&) Could not read from file "/etc/test_file" 
 ("/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd reload"") 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd start"" 
 ("/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd update"") 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd reload"" 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd start"" 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd reload"" 

** Debug: void ProcessT::executeCommand(const QString&, const QProcess::ProcessChannelMode&, bool) "/usr/bin/gksudo "/usr/bin/pglcmd update"" 
** Warning: ~Peerguardian() 
** Debug: ~GuiOptions() 

:~$ pglgui
** Debug: "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pgl/pglcmd.defaults" 
** Debug: Connection to DBus was successful. 
** Debug: "INFO: Started." 
** Debug: "ERROR: Error loading /var/lib/pgl/master_blocklist.p2p" 
** Debug: "INFO: Blocking 0 IP ranges (0 IPs)." 
** Debug: "ERROR: Cannot load the blocklist(s)"

And this is /etc/pgl/blocklists.list, but there's nothing in it:

Code:
# blocklists.list - lists the remote blocklists that pglcmd handles.

# Place one URL per line for every blocklist.
# Any line which starts with a # (hash) is a comment and is ignored.

# Have a look at /usr/share/doc/pglcmd/README.blocklists.gz for detailed
# information about some available blocklists.

# Instead or additionally to the remote blocklists that are specified here, you
# can put local blocklists in LOCAL_BLOCKLIST_DIR (/etc/pgl/blocklists.local/).
# All blocklists in that directory (except those in subdirectories, or which end
# in "~" or start with ".") are used. They may be in any supported format and
# have to be either unpacked or gzip'ped.

# Do a "pglcmd reload" (or "restart" or "update") when you have edited this
# file.

So my lists are not updated via URL/PGL because I download them manually with my browser and keep them in my home directory. The lists are local, could this be part of the problem? I also tried moving all the lists directly to /etc/pgl/blocklists.local and loaded them up from there, but that just made things worse. And as you can see, /etc/pgl/blocklists.list has not been changed in any way. Do I need to add the paths to my local blocklist here?