Thread: Adesso cyber tablet driver

Beans

Adesso cyber tablet driver

I was wondering if any one out there has found a compatible driver for Adesso cybertablets? The model I have is an M14, sure would love to use this damn thing in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Adesso cyber tablet driver

Hi Metal Hed,

I believe the WizardPen drivers work for the Adesso's.

Let's collect some information on your tablet. With it plugged into a USB port run the following commands in a terminal and post the output.
    Code:
    xinput list
    and
    Code:
    lsusb
    For lsusb you can just post the line that has the tablet in it.

Beans

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-312948.html

Bodhi linux is working on an E17 debian install for Archos tablets, the second alpha is due shortly.

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/201...book-give.html

http://www.bodhilinux.com/forums/ind...-gen8-tablets/

not sure about ubuntu, sometimes we have to switch hardware to get the desired results.
    Cheers
    Last edited by sgx; October 2nd, 2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: mow

Beans

hey, this is metal head.... I sort of put my tablet down for a while but I want to get it back up and running. this is what the info is when i punch those commands in:

xinput line: ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ PS/2 Mouse id=12 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint id=13 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Acer Crystal Eye webcam id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=11 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ ENE eHome Infrared Remote Receiver id=14 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet id=16 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet id=17 [slave keyboard (3)]
    and for lsusb: Bus 003 Device 002: ID 172f:0500 Waltop International Corp.

not sure what you make of it but to me it looks like my comp is recognizing it but it still isn't acting like a tablet. Hope some one can help

cheers

Beans
    Distro

Hi Dbl1HandR,

Your Adesso CyberTablet M14 is called by the DIGImend project the Waltop Media Tablet 14.1" (172F:0500): http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...support_status And it should be working depending on your release of Ubuntu. Are you using Precise (12.04)?

What is the output of:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    It isn't acting like a tablet but how is it acting?

Beans

the pen works, but when I go in to the preferences of either inkscape or gimp, it won't allow me to make it an active devise, which means the tablet is essentially acting as a mouse and not a tablet. I can't use my zoom and toggle buttons that are on it, nor can i store tools to the preset buttons that are around the edge of the tablet. I'll get it eventually, or I'll get a new tablet. I haven't really been happy with it from the get go. I've used it on mac os, and windows too and it's just not what I thought it was going to be. I think i'll spend a bit more money and do more research. Probably a wacom tablet, they seem to be the most user friendly with Linux. I'm running 11.04 for 2 reasons, 1) I have an older computer and 2) I HATE!!! the unity interface. It's set up too much like new windows and mac, I really like the old interface and as far as I know 11.04 is the last version that keeps the classic interface

Beans

when i put in code xsetwacom list it shows me nothing

Beans
    Distro

the pen works, but when I go in to the preferences of either inkscape or gimp, it won't allow me to make it an active devise, which means the tablet is essentially acting as a mouse and not a tablet. when i put in code xsetwacom list it shows me nothing
    OK Natty, that gives us something to work with. The problem is most likely your tablet's pen is currently on the evdev driver, not the Wacom X driver. That's further bolstered by the fact we don't see stylus appended to the device name in xinput list. It should say:
    Code:
    ⎜ ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet stylus id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
    I forget Natty's default version of xf86-input-wacom:
    Code:
    xsetwacom -V
    But it lacks a match for the Waltops in 50-wacom.conf. So you create a custom .conf that does match to the Waltop and places it on the Wacom driver. See the Waltop HOW TO.
    I can't use my zoom and toggle buttons that are on it, nor can i store tools to the preset buttons that are around the edge of the tablet.
    The preset buttons or hotkeys aren't supported in linux. The description on the DIGImend site doesn't mention frame buttons. But I see the entries for them in your xinput list:
    Code:
    ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet id=16 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ WALTOP International Corp. Media Tablet id=17 [slave keyboard (3)]
    If supported those will be on the evdev driver and treated as keyboard keys. See if the custom .conf gets them working. It could be you need a more recent evdev than the one in Natty.
    I'm running 11.04 for 2 reasons, 1) I have an older computer and 2) I HATE!!! the unity interface. It's set up too much like new windows and mac, I really like the old interface and as far as I know 11.04 is the last version that keeps the classic interface
    I think you're correct. I came to terms with Unity by installing Cairo Dock as usual but moving it to the right edge of the screen rather than along the bottom. Tweaked it to look like the Unity taskbar and stuck on it the missing Gnome 2 features like the Gnome Menu. Also have Gimp, Inkscape, MyPaint, my weather applet, etc. on it.

But if you can't come to terms with Unity you should consider Linux Mint. Mint 13 is basically Ubuntu Precise (12.04) but instead of Unity it uses a Desktop that more closely emulates Gnome 2's look and feel. In fact you have your choice of two Desktops, MATE or Cinnamon, both Gnome 2 like.

Beans

just installed and running Mint, so far so good