Thread: bug in window list, too much space

Beans

bug in window list, too much space

Okay so this bug was in 12.04 as well.

Image: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/junk/kdebug.jpg

You can see from the window list there is a big space between my launcher and open windows after i closed a window, doesn't happen all the time and only with some apps.

What do i report the bug against?

Beans

Re: bug in window list, too much space

Bump, no one else getting this?

Beans

the same happens here.. fortunately I use icon-only taskbar and doesn't have this bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I see this occasionally but as I tend to leave all my applications open until I need to reboot it doesn't really bother me.

Does https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/855572 describe the problem or are you seeing something different?

There's a lot of discussion there about duplicate bugs reported directly to KDE. The KDE bug report that the Launchpad report links to has been closed as invalid so with all that activity it suggests to me that it's not going to be an easy one to solve.
    Regular contributor to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. Want to help?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    There's a lot of discussion there about duplicate bugs reported directly to KDE. The KDE bug report that the Launchpad report links to has been closed as invalid so with all that activity it suggests to me that it's not going to be an easy one to solve.
    I wonder if there's a issue with the bug tracker. I tried to report a nepomuk sigsev crash I've been getting for a while now, but all I could find was duplicate bug reports that never pointed to the original (actually all the links were broken). So, I sort of gave up on it. Anyway, it's a real beast to try to report KDE bugs (or at the very least I haven't quite figured it out.)

Oh, and I do also see that problem from time to time, but it seems like it does clear up pretty quickly. It'd be nice to have fixed, but since I've switched to an icon only task bar, it's not bothering me as much these days.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lucazade View Post
    the same happens here.. fortunately I use icon-only taskbar and doesn't have this bug.
    Icon only task bar is much better cheers,
    Last edited by ELD; October 11th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.