Storing Useful Information
With so much information being available on websites and online communities for Ubuntu, and other interests of mine I want to be able to record these down somewhere for easy reference in the future. Especially as I get older I tend to forget things!
I have considered the following:
The sort of thing I am thinking of is for example how to install the applications I always want on a fresh install of Ubuntu. Also other interests such as books or TV shows I want to read, or gardens I want to visit.
- Using Gedit or similar text editor
- Using Basic HTML to create web pages
- Online docs service like Google Docs
- Libre Office or Microsoft Office and storing it on Ubuntu One(Sorry, whilst I love Ubuntu, Libre Office is not a patch on Microsoft Office in my view. Sorry controversial I know)
- Installing a Wiki installed locally
- Using Drupal or Joomla installed locally
- Using Website Bookmarks (I'm concerned in case the website closes down)
- Notepad and pen!
I don't need to publish this to the world, although being able to access from any PC I am at may be useful.
Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.