Thread: Reinstall openoffice error

Beans

Reinstall openoffice error

So I tried out Libreoffice and want to revert back to Openoffice for the time being. I uninstalled Libreoffice from ubuntu software center and now I can't reinstall openoffice from USC. i get this error:

" Package dependencies cannot be resolved:
    This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time. "

does anyone have a way of fixing this? thanks in advance

edit: i've tried sudo apt-get install openoffice.org in terminal but it didn't work as well (i'm total noob)
    Last edited by pljehyun; January 12th, 2011 at 05:21 AM.

Beans

Re: Reinstall openoffice error

I'm with you. My brother said to download Libreoffice, so I did and it wouldn't load so I tried to go back to Openoffice and now I'm stuck. Complete nood with like a week of Ubuntu knowledge.

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

In Synaptic, make sure that all the OOo and LibO packages have been removed. Then, install the vanilla version, it's usually better: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.
    Ubuntu user # 14396

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is what I did sudo apt-get autoremove openoffice*.*
    The sudo apt-get autoremove libreoffice*.*
    Open Synaptic type in libreoffice there should be three listed that pertain to Libreoffice check for complete removal. After that I went and typed in openoffice and checked for install and it worked. It installed Open office 3.2

This was done on a Laptop HP nc6230 running Ubuntu 10.10
    Last edited by twlaaas13; March 23rd, 2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: adding comment

Beans

thanks, very helpful, OO seems to be more reliable for the moment...

Beans

For those who are interested. If you have a broken package and want to reinstall it, type "sudo aptitude install (package name) and hit enter.
    worked for me. I had broken packages in open office that restricted it from installing and this worked around those problems. Hope this helps someone.

Beans

Sorry to drag this one out of the woodwork, but have tried all of the above and still not getting anywhere.

I am a complete newbie, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.