Thank you for looking into this a little further. I'm can't wait to get this working!
I have tried the following combinations:
I know you said last night that your script is not designed to accept direct paths, #3, 4, and 5, and while #3 and #4 do not work, #5 does work. The only thing is that it still kicks out the libass.so.4 error. I posted a question in the Plex forums about this file, but haven't had a response, yet.
While writing this, I just tried this on a whim:
When manually starting the daemon, it immediately outputs:
I thought this was a sign of it not working. It turns out, it seems, that it may simply be a notification that the process command name is not found in the currently running processes. As soon as I start and/or stop a video, as expected, the output reads
/usr/bin/cpulimit_daemon.sh: line 9: Plex Transcoder: command not found
If the "command not found" is an acceptable output from your script, this may work just fine for me. I'm going to test it out with multiple streams in a little bit. I have a meeting to go to right now.
Process XXXX detected
Process XXXX dead!
Thank you for your time!