Thread: recording priorities

Beans

recording priorities

hi everyone. I am trying to get the hd homerun prime to record from mythtv and windows 7 media center. mythtv seems to be "stuck" on tuner 1 for recording tv shows. How do I make mythtv only record on tuner 3 instead of tuner 1. I tried to prioritize the tuners, but that did not work. Any help will be appreciated. deanie44

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: recording priorities

Quote Originally Posted by deanie44 View Post
    hi everyone. I am trying to get the hd homerun prime to record from mythtv and windows 7 media center. mythtv seems to be "stuck" on tuner 1 for recording tv shows. How do I make mythtv only record on tuner 3 instead of tuner 1. I tried to prioritize the tuners, but that did not work. Any help will be appreciated. deanie44
    Don't add tuner 3 as an option?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Mythtv will use the lowest number tuner for recordings and the highest number tuner for live TV. You will need to delete all tuners/capture card and add them again in the order you want mythtv to use tuners for recordings. The last tuners you add will be used for live TV.

bit of an explanation here http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...858138&p=5#r89

Beans

Hi. goffa. If I numbered the tuner cards 0,1. and 2, Live tv will be on the last tuner=2. Will the recordings be on tuner 1? deanie 44

Beans

Mythtv will number the turner cards as they are defined. for example-

encoder 1
    encoder 2
    encoder 3

live TV will use encoder 3, recordings will be on encoder 1 & 2. The recording that starts first will be on encoder 1 the next recording will use encoder 2 (if encoder 1 is in use).

Beans

If you define the tuner in mythtv, you cannot also use it in windows in on another computer. They will interfere.

You could use, say, tuner 0 and 1 on linux and tuner 3 on windows, or any similar combination.