Alessossy and the others that are wondering why SysLinux boot from USB might be caused - I have found the reason long long time ago (for my case), however I did forgot about it since today when I have met the same problem.

I do not know in particular why this is happening, however the problem is related to the partitioning of the hard drive. I will explain what I mean in details:

I have started testing BackTrack to test my WAN vulnerability. It booted well but had problems with X server which seemed awkward and strange as the image is 100% perfect and MD5 verified.

Tried to boot Fedora 17 which I "burned" to my USB stick with PowerISO (under Windows) and UnetBootIn as well as Universall-Boot-Installer . All caused exactly the same problem - SYSLINUX 4.06 EDD 4.06-pre1 Copyright (C) 1994-2011 H. Peter Anvin et al (the cursor is flashing on the next row and nothing happens even after 10 minutes of waiting).

I have remembered about the problem and formated the drive with Part Magic which meant in particularly to delete all the partitions, create one NTFS Active and to format it. After that - voila, the system is booting and now I have my Pepermint 3 Linux installed and booting fine on Acer Aspire ZG5 (AOA 150)

Bonne chance everyone and I hope this will enlighten you about another approach to try to fix such problem.