I have been using a webcam in a laptop to make audio-video recordings. The video is too slow. To get lip synch, I have to talk r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-l-y. I can see the video that the camera is receiving on the laptop display. It is slow.

The camera is a BisonCam NB Pro.

I have created a ramdisk and a dedicated file space there to capture the recording, so I don't think that it could be because of a slow hard disk.

The laptop has a video card. (You can see my hardware in the spec link in my sig.)

I can edit the video later to get the video to work properly, but I would like the recording to work well in the first place.

(What follows might sound confusing as I talked about the video being slow, but this is also what happened: I clapped my hands on screen at the beginning of the recording. iirc, I had to first of all remove the first 2 seconds of audio, to get the sound of the clap to arrive on time, and then increase the speed of the remaining audio to 130% to have proper lip synch.)

Anyway, I hope you can help me understand. I would also be grateful if you could let me know good places to find out more about AV recording.