Thread: Clicking LibreOffice Icon on Launcher Fails to Bring Document into Focus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Clicking LibreOffice Icon on Launcher Fails to Bring Document into Focus

I apologize if this is the wrong forum or a repost. I'm having a problem with the Unity launcher that seems to be specific to LibreOffice. I don't have LibreOffice "locked" to my launcher, because I prefer to use LaTex. However, several papers I'm collaborating on require me to use LibreOffice. The odd problem is that, although the button for a LibreOffice document appears on the launcher (note the second-to-bottom icon in the attached screenshot), clicking on it does absolutely nothing. In other words, if I want to get to my LibreOffice document, I have to minimize every other open window on my desktop. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

On a side note, I've also noticed that dialogue box consistently appear larger than my screen resolution, meaning I have to move them or maximize them to do anything with them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attempt to attach screenshot:

¡Muchas gracias!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian Napoletano
    b.napoletano@gmail.com