Thread: VM on Ubuntu running windows--view on iPad

Beans

VM on Ubuntu running windows--view on iPad

Hey all,

Trying to figure out a clean and hopefully free way (except Windows OS costs) to implement the following with the linux server i have:

Install some sort of virtual machine software that allows windows to run on ubuntu (easy part)
    View that virtual machine through a browser on my ipad/android phone/anywhere using log in credentials

Currently I have a separate windows laptop I can access using logmein.com software to stream my windows screen to my ipad.

Reason for this is I have some software to attend class online that works on windows and there isn't an ipad version. Also need to be able to stream the sound and use the virtual keyboard.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: VM on Ubuntu running windows--view on iPad

Quote Originally Posted by kcpilotguy View Post
    Hey all,

Trying to figure out a clean and hopefully free way (except Windows OS costs) to implement the following with the linux server i have:

Install some sort of virtual machine software that allows windows to run on ubuntu (easy part)
    View that virtual machine through a browser on my ipad/android phone/anywhere using log in credentials

Currently I have a separate windows laptop I can access using logmein.com software to stream my windows screen to my ipad.

Reason for this is I have some software to attend class online that works on windows and there isn't an ipad version. Also need to be able to stream the sound and use the virtual keyboard.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help
    It is irrelevant if Ubuntu runs as on native hardware or in a VM if it uses bridging networking on the VM platform.

Your requests are not VM related, they relate to remote access to Ubuntu.
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way