Thread: bluetooth mouse problems

Beans

bluetooth mouse problems

I have a microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse. After some time, i got it to pair with my laptop (Ubuntu 12.04 64). BUT the pointer doesn't move and the buttons work only marginally. The mouse is a laser mouse so it should work well on any surface- this one isn't working at all..

Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone else had this problem? did I really get the one bad mouse of the bunch??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: bluetooth mouse problems

You may have already checked this but make sure the batteries are good, and try to use a USB port closest to the mouse. Also, some surfaces do not work well with a laser mouse, try it on a mouse pad, or piece of paper to be sure its not the surface.

I tend to only run into issues like what you describe when my batteries are dying.

Beans

Thanks, I should have mentioned, this is new out of the box and my laptop is a Lenovo T400 with bluetooth built in. the bluetooth works well with other devices (earpiece, tablet etc). but, I will try new batteries anyway!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Oh, I wasn't even thinking of an internal Bluetooth antenna, I was thinking of a USB dongle like what I use

In that case, of course, it doesn't matter if you are close to a USB port or not.

Its possible the batteries included were already low, and the pairing process just drained them further.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; September 1st, 2012 at 01:54 AM.

Beans

solved! it was just a bad mouse.. got a replacement, works flawlessly.