Thread: nike+ sports band howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Lightbulb nike+ sports band howto

After searching the Internet I've found lot's of ways to use the Nike+ sports band in linux, this is the easiest way. This works for Ubuntu 10.10 and later.

Step 1
    Make sure you have Ubuntu 32 bit installed, for whatever reason the 64 bit version does not want to mount the USB device.

Step 2
    Download VirtualBox here, do not use the one in the repos. It will not work with the sports band.

Step 3
    Install windows xp in virtualbox

Step 4
    After installing xp, shut it down and go to the settings of your xp installation in virtualbox. Navigate to the Filters Section. Plug in your sports band and add Nike+ to the list. And remove the device.

Step 5
    Start xp from virtualbox and download the Nike+ software here

Step 6
    Insert the device, wait for it to recognize. Then go to the device manager and have the drivers installed

Step 7
    Start using your device.

I know this may not be the best solution but if you have a decent laptop/pc then its not that huge of a deal, and lets face it, as a linux user you should have virtualbox installed anyhow so you might as well get it done.

There are other solutions that I've found that are ubuntu native that I will post later but none of them have worked for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: nike+ sports band howto

The device is actually called a "sportband". You might have more success in Google with the correct name.

Have you tried this one:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/comsport/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

yeah, it wont see the device

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Any update on how to get this to work on 64 bit?
    System Specs: Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4 Graphics:nVidia Quadro 2000m RAM: 8 GB

Ubuntu User: 34379

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.