Thread: DELL Vostro 1015 internal microphone on 12.04

Beans

DELL Vostro 1015 internal microphone on 12.04

Is there any possibility to get working Dell Vostro 1015 internal microphone on Ubuntu 12.04? The device is missing, I have tried several setting in alsa but nothing so far. Thanks advance.

Beans

Re: DELL Vostro 1015 internal microphone on 12.04

Nobody? It's not possible or nobody so far doesn't know how?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I don't know really, but I've used some info from ubuntus certified page. I really really hope I'll be able to get a "preinstalled" image, so I can get lots of features. Did you install the image yourself or was your computer preinstalled with Ubuntu? If yes, what version of Ubuntu?

"The Dell Vostro 1015 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu."
    sourced from http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/...e/201010-6649/

Please note that for pre-installed systems:
    1. The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
    2. Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
    Gnome3 on 12.04 LTS. MATE on 12.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ok, I think I got some good news. dell.com seems to have a "download factory software". I'm right now trying to register soon-to-be-mine(in six weeks) dell vostro 1015, and see if downloading an image works.

I think I'll prefer talking to people, like phoning Dell's support in the country I live to see if that's possible(to get a factory image of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS). Though I would prefer 12.04 but according to the Ubuntu page I posted here, it seems we won't be seeing an 12.04 one.

This is just speculation, so it may not help, but it is better to try than to do nothing.
    Gnome3 on 12.04 LTS. MATE on 12.10.