Thread: Wine Dependency Problems

Beans

Wine Dependency Problems

So, I've been messing around with Wine for a few days, trying to get something else working, and completely screwed up. Right now Wine is uninstalled, and when I try to install it (through the software center) I get:
    Package dependencies cannot be resolved
    This error could be caused by required additional software packages which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be installed at the same time.

wine1.4: PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.15.7.2~) but 1.16.1.2ubuntu7 is to be installed
    Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14) but 2.15-0ubuntu10 is to be installed
    Depends: wine1.4-amd64 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa3) but 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa3 is to be installed
    Depends: wine1.4-i386 (= 1.4.1-0ubuntu1~precise1~ppa3) but it is a virtual package
    I've also tried downloading the tarball and trying to install that way. When i do $make, it runs for a while, then ends with

input.c:913:5: error: ‘union generic_request’ has no member named ‘get_registered_raw_input_devices_request’
    input.c:913:5: error: ‘union generic_reply’ has no member named ‘get_registered_raw_input_devices_reply’
    input.c:913:1: error: ‘REQ_get_registered_raw_input_devices’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    input.c:915:12: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    input.c:921:35: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    input.c:925:27: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
    make[1]: *** [input.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/wine/wine-1.4/dlls/user32'
    make: *** [dlls/user32] Error 2
    Any idea how to fix this?

Beans

Re: Wine Dependency Problems

I would try to refresh the package list and upgrade everything

using synaptic: reload , and then mark all upgrades, mark wine to install, aply.

or usig apt-get:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install wine

Beans

Huh. I tried the terminal one, and got

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    wine is already the newest version.
    wine set to manually installed.
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    libunity6 wine-gecko1.4:i386
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    But wine won't launch, and the software center doesn't think it's installed.

Beans

Nevermind, I got it working. Did basically what you said with synaptic, but had to food around a bit, mark assorted things for complete removal.