Thread: midi with alsa oss emulation and pulseaudio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

midi with alsa oss emulation and pulseaudio

Hi!

I'm under Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron using pulseaudio. I've got 2 soundcards : one internal AC97 7.1 without midi (card 0 in ALSA) and a PCI C-MEDIA 2.1 with OPL3 midi (card 3 in ALSA) I have sound in most ALSA or OSS applications with full 7.1 + 2.1 duplex. I have MIDI playback in any ALSA MIDI players (client 29:0 in ALSA).

I'm trying to run Final Doom for W95 on WINE with OSS driver.
    I have sound effects but no MIDI music. I tryed with padsp and aoss wrappers.

I know I can use ALSA driver in wine or timidity, but I would rather use padsp + hardware MIDI if possible.

How do I configure ALSA OSS emulation for MIDI playback and check that it's working ? I tryed playmidi but whatever I told it, it couldn't find any midi device.

Anyone thoughts?

Beans

Re: midi with alsa oss emulation and pulseaudio

check first if you have the midi hardware enabled

aconnect -o

Greets.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: midi with alsa oss emulation and pulseaudio

Hi,

I have since upgraded to Lucid Lynx. I can't remember if I got it working in Hardy Heron or not.

Newer WINE works fine with ALSA and pulseaudio so I don't have to use OSS emulation anymore and hardware MIDI is working fine.

Thread marked as solved.

Olivier F. R. Dierick
    Last edited by odierick; September 12th, 2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added _and pulseaudio_