Thread: Post emails

Beans

Post emails

I can't seem to locate the feature that turns off the emailing of posts and replies. Upon my week vacation I returned to over 500 in my inbox.

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Post emails

At the top of the page click "User CP", then on the left there is a bar look for subscriptions.
    Rob
    Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage, Sync files between your comuters Back-up & Share files. Sign Up!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I thought the OP was referring to email, not ubuntuforums.org.

Moved to Forum Feedback in the meantime.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by gombolli View Post
    I can't seem to locate the feature that turns off the emailing of posts and replies. Upon my week vacation I returned to over 500 in my inbox.

Thanks
    @gomboli, I've checked your personal settings which are set to the defaults because you are in the <50 post usergroup. You are notified by email of any pm's (private messages) but in your usergroup you are limited to storing only 50 pm's. You are set not to be automatically subscribed to threads (therefore no emails), but you have a post count of only 2 anyway.

Unless you have engaged in a very busy pm correspondence with other forum members and have been clearing your stored messages regularly, or unless you have manually subscribed to a large number of threads, I cannot see how the forum could have sent you 500 emails in a week. Perhaps you could clarify.
    Last edited by coffeecat; September 11th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.