Thread: Hibernation stopped working after upgrading kernel from 3.2.0-27-generic to 3.2.0-29

Beans

Question Hibernation stopped working after upgrading kernel from 3.2.0-27-generic to 3.2.0-30

Dear all,
    I've already asked this question on (AskUbuntu http://tinyurl.com/cv3au5u), but I'm not getting any answers, so I thought it might be worth asking it here as well:

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) on my Asus X54C laptop.

Till a few days ago everything was working fine. However after upgrading the kernel from 3.2.0-27-generic to 3.2.0-29-generic, hibernation stopped working.

Now when I attempt to hibernate my computer, the hibernation is started but the computer does not shut-down and I have to manually turn it off by keeping the power button pressed

However when I turn the computer on again, the system resumes its state as if hibernation happened (I guess that the only step that fails is the shut-down of the system).

How can I fix this? (possibly keeping the most recent kernel installed).

I don't know if it can be of any help, but the sleep mode works just fine and was not affected by the upgrade.

Thank you all in advance,
    I'd be grateful if you could give me some hints on fixing this!

Cheers,
    Luca
    Last edited by lucacerone; September 11th, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: The title was not complete

Beans

nothing yet?

Please guys can somebody help me with this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Hibernation stopped working after upgrading kernel from 3.2.0-27-generic to 3.2.0

Hello, Luca! I'm having all kinds of issues with 12.4.1 with the latest kernel and updates. My netbook no longer suspends much less resumes. This is a GMA500 machine.

My main Intel HD3000 box has issues booting up, going into 2D mode or having no Unity desktop. I use unity --reset which brings the machine into log-in mode. Then I have Unity 3D.

So many changes to so much code without sufficient QC, Quality Control, leaves Ubuntu hurting IMHO. The group needs to slow down. When I think that 12.04 is LTS, when will the devs get it right as it was months ago?

I wish I could help you, suggest something but I can't.
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q30X Intel i5-4670K 3.8GHz, SSD, 16G RAM | Dell laptop E1505n, netbook 10n
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP Pro running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans

Re: Hibernation stopped working after upgrading kernel from 3.2.0-27-generic to 3.2.0

Well at least I know I am not alone