Quote Originally Posted by jfaissolle View Post
At last I have found this issue to be related to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/991232 . Power plugged: wifi OK. Power unplugged: wifi KO. Plugged : wifi OK again. By completely disabling the power saving mode of the wireless card you can have max network performance full time. This is achieved by the command:
Code:
sudo touch /etc/pm/power.d/wireless
I've tried everything I can find to fix the wireless. It seems to get worse every time I try something. This broke it entirely. I get a few seconds of wifi after I login whether I'm on power or not. On the first boot after doing this, the system froze completely a few seconds after connecting to my network. I'm about to do a clean install so I can wipe out everything I've done and try it again. I'm also considering different distributions. Between the wifi problem and E17 segfaulting when I open the menus, I'm starting to get annoyed by Ubuntu. I've never had so much trouble with it before.

I haven't had any problems with clicking. I don't much care for the responsiveness of the touchpad when it comes to scrolling, but it is the same in Windows and Linux, so that must be the hardware. I find myself reaching for the arrow keys more on this machine than others. My last several machines were Macs, so I'm used to perfectly smooth scrolling from a touchpad.