Thread: desktop banjaxed!

Beans

desktop banjaxed!

hi there -

I am a total novice and I appear to have banjaxed my Lubuntu desktop. Some of the "start" menu items have decided to take up residence on my desktop and I cant get rid of them (I blame the bloody cats crawling over the keyboard). I've attached a screenshot to this message, you can see how the desktop is covered by a folder with 4 tabs (internet, work, etc.) that I can't get rid of. If anyone knows how I can get rid of these I would be most grateful -

All the best
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: desktop banjaxed!

I'll wait for a Lubuntu DE expert to help you on that, but...

For cats, put a cozy cardboard box on your desktop away from the keyboard in an easy line from your chair. Kitty will generally walk straight to the box for a nap.

Otherwise, a swift spray of water from a squirt bottle every time you catch the cat on the desk will soon cure the behavior.

Now, if I had caught our Pug on the desk the time he peed next to $5000 worth of computer equipment...
    The Left Coast Geek * The Community ATI Driver Wiki * Find what you need in the Ubuntu Community wikis

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

logout, make sure you select lubuntu, not lubuntu-netbook as session

Beans

Thanks Marinara, worked a treat. I guess I was blaming the cat for my own mistakes (he could hardly logged out, selected a different desktop environment and logged in again, could he?)

I feel your pain QIII, unfortunately for me it looks like it wasn't his fault this time so I won't be getting out the squirt bottle just yet. Good tip for the future though - very cathartic I'd say.