Thread: Logitech Stereo Headset H250 - Microphone not working

Beans

Red face Logitech Stereo Headset H250 - Microphone not working

Hello everyone. I have purchased a new Logitech Stereo Headset H250 Headphone, and I am plain clueless on how to get its microphone to work. I tried looking into device manager, but cannot locate a new Logitech hardware there. I downloaded pavucontrol as per some random online suggestion but even that does not seem to detect the microphone either.

I also have an i-Ball Face2Face C12.0 webcam, which comes with a built in USB microphone. It's a year old device, and it worked perfectly fine when I was using it on my Windows. However I am not able to get its microphone work either. (Rest of webcam works fine.)

Now that I have completely replaced my Windows setup with Linux, it's necessary for me that the mic works. Since I am new to this, I might be doing something very wrong. Please help me solve the issue. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Logitech Stereo Headset H250 - Microphone not working

There should be a mic control option in pavucontrol's mixer (if not, check the menus, there may be a "select control" option which will allow you to see it). it is probably just muted.
    The headphone unit will not show up in device manager, as it is a passive device connected via your sound caard.
    The sig between the asterisks is SO COOL that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!