Thread: 11.10 install freezes on Thinkpad X40

Beans

11.10 install freezes on Thinkpad X40

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 11.10 via wubi on an IBM Thinkpad X40 laptop (existing O/S Win XP). Wubi ran fine, but when I choose Ubuntu from the boot menu to complete the installation process, it freezes about 2/3rds of the way through, at the "Copying files" stage. No hard drive activity, frozen cursor, the works - any idea why this is happening? Is an X40 laptop too old for 11.10, or are there bootup options I can try that might get it to work?

Beans

Re: 11.10 install freezes on Thinkpad X40

Quote Originally Posted by tq0475 View Post
    I'm trying to install Ubuntu 11.10 via wubi on an IBM Thinkpad X40 laptop (existing O/S Win XP). Wubi ran fine, but when I choose Ubuntu from the boot menu to complete the installation process, it freezes about 2/3rds of the way through, at the "Copying files" stage. No hard drive activity, frozen cursor, the works - any idea why this is happening? Is an X40 laptop too old for 11.10, or are there bootup options I can try that might get it to work?
    Hi mate,

Just found your thread via google.

I signed up just to ask you wether you had your install issue resolved, as I am having the same problem with the same specs.

Would appreciate it greatly, if you could get back to me wether you know how to amend this issue.

Cheers,

HoofedCracker