Thread: Subversion 1.7

Beans

Subversion 1.7

Probably a trivial question:

Why - even when I've updated with apt-get - is my default subversion install version 1.6.17... when 1.7 was released in October last year?

If there's a good reason that the latest Ubuntu bundled version is a 1.6? I've found stuff on the net about installing non-standard PPAs for 1.7... but I'm hesitant about plumbing for something non-standard...

For me, reliability trumps having the latest features - but, all the same, I'd prefer to be using the most up-to-date software if possible.

Is there a good reason that 1.7 is not offered as default?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Subversion 1.7

There seems to have been a delay in packaging due to lack of resource. It was released to debian unstable in June. See here for details. I don't know, but I wouldn't think it would get into 12.10.

Beans

Re: Subversion 1.7

Quote Originally Posted by spjackson View Post
    There seems to have been a delay in packaging due to lack of resource. It was released to debian unstable in June. See here for details. I don't know, but I wouldn't think it would get into 12.10.
    Thanks for the info, I guess - at least - I now know that it's not something peculiar to my install.

I have to say, however, I'm surprised that packages for such a widely used tool have not been kept up-to-date... I didn't expect that.