Thread: Today's update of 10.04

Beans
    Hidden!

Today's update of 10.04

I'm on 10.04, and have been running the auto updates all along. Today's was odd. Some of the entries had (new install) just like that. I didn't pay this much mind, as both the machine and the updater *must* know that my machine was already installed. This is an *update* process, after all.

No such luck. Won't boot. I suppose I can re-install the previous kernel, but I don't remember how to do that, nor I am sure that this will fix the issue. Is it even worse than I imagine?

foolishly,
    Robert

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Today's update of 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by BuggyFunBunny View Post
    I'm on 10.04, and have been running the auto updates all along. Today's was odd. Some of the entries had (new install) just like that. I didn't pay this much mind, as both the machine and the updater *must* know that my machine was already installed. This is an *update* process, after all.

No such luck. Won't boot. I suppose I can re-install the previous kernel, but I don't remember how to do that, nor I am sure that this will fix the issue. Is it even worse than I imagine?

foolishly,
    Robert
    The New Install isn't going to cause any problems with booting. They're required when one updated package has a new dependency.

What are you seeing when you attempt to boot the system? I need to know step-by-step.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!