Thread: asus g75v

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

asus g75v

i have an asus g75v laptop. core i7 2.3ghz 16gb ram nvidia gtx670m and a bluray player. i cannot get any media to install on this machine. i have tried with cd, dvd and usb. my other asus laptop, no problem dual booting. it hangs up after it goes through finding the usb drives. at least that is as far as i can tell. id like to dual boot this machine so i can geek out with my friends.

lol

thanks,
    clipt

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: asus g75v

Have you tried installing Buntu on that new Asus using the 'text installer'?

this is the method I use on stubborn machines and it works every time.

ps, I have an AsusG73-jh and it's an animal with any version of Buntu I install in it... I rarely ever boot into win7 side of the drive unless absolutely necessary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i used the alt iso. so ya txt worked. buuuuuuuuut now it wont boot to grub. no idea where that installed to. so now i guess i need help there.

Beans

I got the same issue. I succeeded to install Ubuntu 12.04 but when I boot my screen goes crazy, Colorfull lines and squares all over it! I guess it's driver related...

I got the Asus G75vw with GTX670m, without BluRay.

Beans

Same issue here. I really want to install Ubuntu on this rig. Would love some advise on what to do next...

The text installer works, Grub seems to boot fine, but then the video goes crazy Is there a way to install the latest nVidia drivers from the recovery console or something?