Thread: Amarok and USB external disk (Precise)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Amarok and USB external disk (Precise)

I'm trying to get Amarok to treat the music on the internal disk and the external disk as two separate collections, because I don't always have the external disk plugged in.

This seems to be how it is designed, after all it is just like having a very big USB key, or MP3 player for that matter, but...

I can see the external disk in the Media pane. It always shows zero tracks. If I start Amarok from the command line I can tell it's looking in the right place, because I see error messages from MP3 tags with bad info and so on.

If I tick the directory where the external disk gets mounted, but in the MAIN collection, it will find the tracks and I can play them, so I know there is not a fundamental problem with playing the tracks.

Any suggestions? What does the "Use as Collection" button do?

I saw lots of posts saying didn't work in 2.x and many more posts saying it's fixed on 2.2. Well, now I'm on 2.5! (KDE 4.8.4)
    Professional since 1994, amateur since 1983. twitter.com/zevans23

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Amarok and USB external disk (Precise)

So now it's appeared after two days... just after I stopped something else from running that was also accessing the external disk. Coincidence? Bug?
    Professional since 1994, amateur since 1983. twitter.com/zevans23