Thread: Gnome tweek tool will not launch

Beans

Cool Gnome tweek tool will not launch

I have recently installed cinnamon to ubuntu 12.04 however cinnamon automatically installed light version of gnome-shell. The problem was when I try to change the theme using Gnome Tweak Tool which or some reason would not open. then after that I install the full gnome-shell and still the same problem persists. Has this got anything to do with cinnamon. If so how do you get gnome-tweek-tool to work? It works in Unity.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Gnome tweek tool will not launch

Quote Originally Posted by linuxsam777 View Post
    I have recently installed cinnamon to ubuntu 12.04 however cinnamon automatically installed light version of gnome-shell. The problem was when I try to change the theme using Gnome Tweak Tool which or some reason would not open. then after that I install the full gnome-shell and still the same problem persists. Has this got anything to do with cinnamon. If so how do you get gnome-tweek-tool to work? It works in Unity.
    Run gnome-tweak-tool from the terminal, and post back whatever errors result in the terminal.

Beans

Talking Re: Gnome tweek tool will not launch

This is the error I got
    Code:
    samuel@robby~$ gnome-tweak-tool  (gnome-tweak-tool:2334): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.shell.extensions.user-theme' is not installed  Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
    However I that gave me a spark of intelligence because I tried to install user themes from the gnome extensions website but it must have not installed properly

To solve the problem I delete the any user themes folders from .local/share/gnome-shell/extensions

Then I reinstalled user themes with the terminal by typing
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gnome3
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install gnome-shell-extensions
    Thanks for the help!!!

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Gnome tweek tool will not launch

Quote Originally Posted by linuxsam777 View Post
    This is the error I got
    Code:
    samuel@robby~$ gnome-tweak-tool  (gnome-tweak-tool:2334): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.shell.extensions.user-theme' is not installed  Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
    However I that gave me a spark of intelligence because I tried to install user themes from the gnome extensions website but it must have not installed properly

To solve the problem I delete the any user themes folders from .local/share/gnome-shell/extensions

Then I reinstalled user themes with the terminal by typing
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gnome3
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install gnome-shell-extensions
    Thanks for the help!!!
    Mark the thread as solved, please
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad