Thread: Firefox behavior change since updating to Oneiric Ocelot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Firefox behavior change since updating to Oneiric Ocelot

Before updating to Oneiric Ocelot, when I bookmarked a web page in Firefox, a dialog window opened and I got to choose which folder to put the bookmark into.

Ever since updating to Oneiric, when I bookmark a page in Firefox, it simply plunks the bookmark at the end of the unsorted bookmarks; no dialog box opens.
    I don't think this is a Firefox change, because I see no conversations about this on the Firefox forums page. And I don't see a way within Firefox to modify this behavior.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

Beans

Re: Firefox behavior change since updating to Oneiric Ocelot

How do you bookmark the page?

If you click on the star in the address bar, then the result should be as described (add the bookmark to Unsorted Bookmarks).

If you bookmark the page with CTRL+D or from Bookmarks menu (Bookmark this page), then the dialog window with the Bookmarks folders should appear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Firefox behavior change since updating to Oneiric Ocelot

¨when I bookmarked a web page in Firefox, a dialog window opened and I got to choose which folder to put the bookmark into¨

if you bookmark by pressing the star, to the right of the address bar, then just press it again & the dialog window pops up.
    If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the [censored] car.