Thread: Backtrack - Drivers are not detected on my system

Beans

Question Backtrack - Drivers are not detected on my system

hi every one,
    i am using backtrack5R2 and i have problem with my screen resolution that "monitor" not detected and showing unknown.Mine is CELERON(R) PROCESSOR , unichrome s3G pro(graphis chipset).I need VIA drivers ...i tried installing openchrome drivers (for my unichrome s3G pro) and tried editing xorg.conf ,but nothing happend still monitors not detected.Also im unable to open sound preferences......it's showing "waiting for sound system to respond" all the time.......
    Last edited by coffeecat; June 7th, 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Title

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Drivers are not detected on my system

Your best bet would be to post on the backtrack forums.

While backtrack is based on Ubuntu it is not Ubuntu.

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/forum.php
    "All right amatuer hour's over. Let me show you why they call me the Velour Fog...."
    .:GitHub:.|.:Dropbox:.

Beans

Question Drivers are not detected on my system

hi every one,
    i am using backtrack5R2 and i have problem with my screen resolution that "monitor" not detected and showing unknown.Mine is CELERON(R) PROCESSOR , unichrome s3G pro(graphis chipset).I need VIA drivers ...i tried installing openchrome drivers (for my unichrome s3G pro) and tried editing xorg.conf ,but nothing happend still monitor not detected.Also im unable to open sound preferences......it's showing "waiting for sound system to respond" all the time.......can any one tell me how to fix this....................^^

Beans

Re: Drivers are not detected on my system

You will have better luck asking on the Backtrack forum, im not sure what changes they made to Ubuntu.

What do you mean by 'monitor not detected' ? The screen goes black what Ubuntu starts?

I think that graphics chipset is about 6-7 years old you probably won't be able to run Unity 3D with it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Backtrack - Drivers are not detected on my system

Threads merged. Please do not post duplicates; this dilutes community effort. And...

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

As others have said, you will be better getting support on the Backtrack forums.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.