Thread: Deleted post.

Beans

Deleted post.

I had post in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1992420 which was deleted. The post was in response to http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=11

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post

[/COLOR][/I]Or is this too hard.
    Now you can own the forums and all that stuff but I'm not going to let that comment slide. Surely if you are a staff member here you should know better than to stoop to that level simply because you have issues with the topic or a individual?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Deleted post.

I have reviewed the thread and post in question and do not have any problem with KiwiNZ's post, there are no personal insults or CoC violations.

The post in question was in response to your earlier post, and when you put the wording "Or is this too hard." into context of both the thread and KiwiNZ's post is it clearly a a question, not an insult.

Your jailed comment, however, shows you misunderstood the statement, and rather then asking for clarification you made an inappropriate remark.

I agree with jailing your post. Furthermore, you seem to have a borderline posting style that often comes across as inappropriate. This is the second time this week your posting style has come up.

After reviewing your history and posting style I am placing you on moderation for a week.

I will also remind you we have a new anti trolling policy, three strikes and you are out. IMO it is liberal to consider this a second (rather then a third) strike.

I suggest you revise your posting style moving forward.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    I have reviewed the thread and post in question and do not have any problem with KiwiNZ's post, there are no personal insults or CoC violations.

The post in question was in response to your earlier post, and when you put the wording "Or is this too hard." into context of both the thread and KiwiNZ's post is it clearly a a question, not an insult.

Your jailed comment, however, shows you misunderstood the statement, and rather then asking for clarification you made an inappropriate remark.
    I thought I would wait a few days before replying and re-read the posts.

Somehow I obviously missed the smileys. I got home after a late night of working and only focused on the http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php...ply&p=11986549 [/COLOR][/I]Or is this too hard.
    [/QUOTE] part which to me came across as snide (well from my point of view anyway) and I was probably wrong and I can live with that.

I agree with jailing your post. Furthermore, you seem to have a borderline posting style that often comes across as inappropriate. This is the second time this week your posting style has come up.

After reviewing your history and posting style I am placing you on moderation for a week.

I will also remind you we have a new anti trolling policy, three strikes and you are out. IMO it is liberal to consider this a second (rather then a third) strike.

I suggest you revise your posting style moving forward.
    Now this is the part I however do not agree with.

My posting style has never changed as far as I can recall, not on this forum or any of the other forums I'm a member of over time.

My posting style has always been dry and to the point. If anything I think I have mellowed over the years. Go back as far as my membership reaches and see for yourself. I don't think I've developed a personality disorder during this time period. Think Blackadder I'm not the type of person to sugar coat things or pretty them up with flowers etc.

Now you speak of my history. My history is pretty much squeaky clean. On this forum I have only ever received three one point infractions of which one was reversed and they all occurred in 2007.

Never in any of the years before or after that have any of the staff members ever sent me a PM or warning wrt borderline posting style. The people here know my posting style. So the only thing I can surmise is that the forum expectations have changed.

As for trolling I'm definitely not a troll imho. And how do I go from zero strikes to two strikes all of a sudden? Somehow I 'think' I said the wrong thing that irked someone and the return was retribution of sorts, I could be wrong but these are my feelings.

And a 10 point infraction seems pretty drastic if you ask me but then again that's at your discretion.

I'm not asking for special treatment or reversal of the infraction but the moderation in this instance seems pretty extreme.

@KiwiNZ, if my post which I'm gonna repeat here for clarity/transparity sake,
    No need for the snide comment. Edit: I suspect this is what brought it on.

It was a genuine question seeing all previous threads had a name starting with the same letter as that of the month.

Anyway, question answered.
    caused offence to you I apologise. Yes I was probably quick on the trigger but if you pm'ed me I believe it would have been sorted out fairly quickly from my side. I don't mind admitting being wrong or if something was a misunderstanding from my side.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    My posting style has never changed as far as I can recall, not on this forum or any of the other forums I'm a member of over time.
    Time to change it then.

Sounds as if you are aware your posting style is borderline and it has not gotten to the point that we are receiving regular complaints.

I suppose that is the risk you choose to take, if you play with fire sometimes you get burned.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Time to change it then.

Sounds as if you are aware your posting style is borderline and it has not gotten to the point that we are receiving regular complaints.

I suppose that is the risk you choose to take, if you play with fire sometimes you get burned.
    No I'm not aware that it's borderline. So why has my posting style never received any attention before? Why is it borderline all of a sudden seven years on?

Something here does not smell right to me in all honesty.