Hi, Thank you everyone in advance for whatever advice you can give me

I'm trying to set up a network in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. However, when I try to share a folder I get an error

I've searched and I cant find a way to fix this. I cant share the folder either. at first I tried to use system-config-samba as a GUI tool to set up samba, but I wasnt able to connect. From the first moment I opened this tool I got an error stating "Some lines couldn't be understood while reading the configuration file /etc/samba/smb.conf. THese may be unknown configuration directives for Samba plugins but could also be configuration errors." If I hit "shor_details" it doesnt show anything. Well, since the GUI tool didnt help me to share a folder I tried to do this from Nautilus, that's when I got the error:

'net usershare' returned error 255: Ignoring unknown parameter "SO_SNDBUF"
Ignoring unknown parameter "update encrypted"
net usershare add: cannot convert name "Everyone" to a SID. Unexpected information received.

Like I said, I searched online, tried to edit /etc/samba/smb.conf but got no results.

I'm just a newbie, dont know quite much of Ubuntu 'under the hood', but I'm trying to get there =D Hope someone can help me!!! pls :s