Thread: Android, Google Music and Ubuntu Server

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Android, Google Music and Ubuntu Server

So i just got a new Samsung Galaxy S II and started checking out the google music app, pretty cool. Uploaded some music from my laptop and its working pretty good. But this got me thinking about how i could integrate it into my headless Ubuntu server. Si wntince it's still a beta im not finding much on how to get a GUI program to run through command line. I know i could use X11 but is that the easiest route?

scold me if you want but i torrent alot of music (that isn't the point here) but i already have transmission running as a daemon on my server and i have a Andriod app to add torrents to it remotely, I'd love to be able to add a torrent remotely with my phone, my server downloads it, move/save it to the synced google music file on my server, then it would upload it and within an hour or so it would be able to stream on my phone, all on the go

I think that would be pretty awesome if i could get that setup running

Any tips, guides, advice anything on any of this? i think i can handle about all of it i just dont really know how to go about getting google music to run as a daemon on my server, any ideas???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Android, Google Music and Ubuntu Server

Quote Originally Posted by JD32 View Post
    So i just got a new Samsung Galaxy S II and started checking out the google music app, pretty cool. Uploaded some music from my laptop and its working pretty good. But this got me thinking about how i could integrate it into my headless Ubuntu server. Si wntince it's still a beta im not finding much on how to get a GUI program to run through command line. I know i could use X11 but is that the easiest route?

scold me if you want but i torrent alot of music (that isn't the point here) but i already have transmission running as a daemon on my server and i have a Andriod app to add torrents to it remotely, I'd love to be able to add a torrent remotely with my phone, my server downloads it, move/save it to the synced google music file on my server, then it would upload it and within an hour or so it would be able to stream on my phone, all on the go

I think that would be pretty awesome if i could get that setup running

Any tips, guides, advice anything on any of this? i think i can handle about all of it i just dont really know how to go about getting google music to run as a daemon on my server, any ideas???
    Please explain why you prefer to do this using a server variant rather than a desktop variant of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Android, Google Music and Ubuntu Server

Quote Originally Posted by JD32 View Post
    See the following Lifehacker Article