Thread: Support for older Symbian handset types?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Support for older Symbian handset types?

I'm vaguely aware of a client for the N9 and N900 for Symbian being worked on. Is there anything possible to use on an ancient E71x? My handset runs S60^3.

Beans

Re: Support for older Symbian handset types?

What do you want to do? File transfer or use the device as a modem or something else? And how do intend to connect it (USB is probably most straight-forward)?

If USB, just connect it and see what happens! I can transfer files and use my old Nokia with S60 as a 3G modem (to a computer with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    What do you want to do?
    At this point I'm wondering if there is something like the U1 Files app Android users have so that I could transfer between the phone and my storage on U1.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by skellat View Post
    At this point I'm wondering if there is something like the U1 Files app Android users have so that I could transfer between the phone and my storage on U1.
    I don't know, I have never searched for it, because I transfer files locally via a USB cable. Let us hope that someone (reading this thread) can link to such an app. Otherwise I suggest that you search for it via the internet.

Another alternative is to move the flash card between your symbian device and a card reader connected to your computer. Not quite as convenient, but it should work. It is basically the same procedure as transferring pictures or video clips from a camera to a computer.