Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mythbuntu Control Center and LIRC in 12.04

Beans

Mythbuntu Control Center and LIRC in 12.04

The Mythbuntu Control Center wants to reconfigure my LIRC settings, as root. Since I use a homebrew serial receiver, I really don't want it to. However, there is no apparent way for me to change its mind.

Since the only way to enable the mythtv repository is through the MCC (as of 12.04), I am faced with a bit of a quandary. I really want to enable the repository, but don't want MCC to mess with my LIRC settings.

Any input would be appreciated. The ability to use MCC in a way that makes sense would be appreciated even more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Mythbuntu Control Center and LIRC in 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    The Mythbuntu Control Center wants to reconfigure my LIRC settings, as root. Since I use a homebrew serial receiver, I really don't want it to. However, there is no apparent way for me to change its mind.

Since the only way to enable the mythtv repository is through the MCC (as of 12.04), I am faced with a bit of a quandary. I really want to enable the repository, but don't want MCC to mess with my LIRC settings.

Any input would be appreciated. The ability to use MCC in a way that makes sense would be appreciated even more.
    I seem to recall a bug about that, must not have gotten fixed before release. I'll poke the developer on that.

In the meantime, you can add the updates repo manually via the command line by doing (assuming you want MythTV 0.25 updates)

Code:
    apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.25
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    I seem to recall a bug about that, must not have gotten fixed before release. I'll poke the developer on that.

In the meantime, you can add the updates repo manually via the command line by doing (assuming you want MythTV 0.25 updates)

Code:
    apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.25
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks!
    Out of curiosity, is the LIRC tab of MCC set to anything (like custom)?
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

I apologize for not having responded to you earlier.

Here's a screen shot:

It would be useful to either be able to "uncheck" any buttons, or have an option that read something like "Make no changes".

FWIW, this is running on a box which has been upgraded from 11.10.

Beans

You might try checking "No additional remote suppoet" at the top. That will uncheck your current setting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chicobiker View Post
    You might try checking "No additional remote suppoet" at the top. That will uncheck your current setting.
    ... and it removes LIRC from my system. Which is not an ideal solution, all things considered.

Beans

... and it removes LIRC from my system. Which is not an ideal solution, all things considered.
    I also have noted on test PCs that there seems to be no option that equates to "no change" in MCC.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousdog View Post
    I also have noted on test PCs that there seems to be no option that equates to "no change" in MCC.
    Indeed. And that's a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for the detailed reports. I have been looking into the code and replicated the situation that causes this. The fix however is more complicated than it first seemed and I am working on a solution to not break other things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast