Thread: Bluefish was messed up by the recent update to Ubuntu 12.04

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Bluefish was messed up by the recent update to Ubuntu 12.04

Hi again!

Updating to Ubuntu 12.04 was almost without incident. OpenOffice and a few other applications forgot my "recent files" lists.

The only significant problem is making Bluefish look nice.

(Bluefish used to require setting colors for each aspect of HTML code, as I blogged here. Now it first asks for "text styles" and then each programming language refers to those. Thus I can define the text style of comment and simply have all my programming languages use that text style instead of repeatedly defining what a comment should look like for each individual language. Nice! But new work to do.)

My problem is simple: no matter what colors I pick for foreground and background (in menu Edit -> Preferences and then sidebar Editor Settings -> Font & Colors) I cannot see what text blocks I select with the cursor. The "highlighting" with the cursor only makes the foreground change to the default foreground color. This is barely noticeable when I happen to select a colored HTML tag, and invisible when I select plain text!

Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: I should add the default colors DO work after I rename the .bluefish directory in my home directory. But as soon as I change the background color, that cursor-highlighting issue returns!

UPDATE 2: Well, I can use Compiz to enable Accessability -> Negative and do my typing with an easy on the eyes color scheme that way. So problem is not solved, but a workaround is easy.
    Last edited by DavidVS; May 3rd, 2012 at 09:09 PM.