Page 1967 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 967146718671917195719651966196719681969197720172067 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,670 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@stinkeye - why do you include tail in that command? wc -l simply returns a line count, right? It seems redundant because tail, by default, gives the last 25 lines of text unless otherwise specified if I'm not mistaken. wc -l should return only one line shouldn't it?
    Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.

--- Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by strungoutfan78 View Post
    @stinkeye - why do you include tail in that command? wc -l simply returns a line count, right? It seems redundant because tail, by default, gives the last 25 lines of text unless otherwise specified if I'm not mistaken. wc -l should return only one line shouldn't it?
    The last 10 lines is the default for tail, unless otherwise specified. Just working in a terminal,
    Code:
    aptitude search "~U" | wc -l
    gives exactly the same output. I would agree that the tail part is redundant here.

As for the rest of the command, aptitude search "~U" creates a list of all available updates, while wc -l returns the number of lines in that list.
    Last edited by RichardCain; May 1st, 2012 at 03:17 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCain View Post
    The last 10 lines is the default for tail, unless otherwise specified. Just working in a terminal,
    Code:
    aptitude search "~U" | wc -l
    gives exactly the same output. I would agree that the tail part is redundant here.

As for the rest of the command, aptitude search "~U" creates a list of all available updates, while wc -l returns the number of lines in that list.
    Okay 10 lines, that's right. Thanks for the correction. Sort of a moot point though really. I thought I may have just been missing something regarding the tail command at the end there. Despite what my wife says I don't know everything.

I really do like this solution though. Quite a bit more elegant than what I was using. But hey, live and learn, right?
    Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect.

--- Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro

Despite what my wife says I don't know everything.
    Your wife says that you know everything? That's not really a complaint that most guys have!

Beans
    Distro

Here's a strange one. I use Teo's 1d2 weather script, but since I upgraded to 12.04(64bit), it doesn't load properly for 10 minutes; it just returns (null) for all calls, even though the data files all have valid data in them. During this time, if I restart conky, it flashes up instantly, like it's not even bothering to contact the website. Then, once the system has been running for 10 minutes, it works perfectly.

When I launch conky in a terminal, it gives:
    Code:
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-vRUUFL/pkcs11: No such file or directory
    both before and after the 10-minute mark.

I'm reluctant to contact Teo on his new thread, as I have found the Arch forum is really snobbish and they (Teo excepted) hate having non-Arch users on their site. Plus, I think it's something to do with permissions, rather than the script itself.

I tried purging and reinstalling gnome-keyring, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Beans

Here's a strange one. I use Teo's 1d2 weather script, but since I upgraded to 12.04(64bit), it doesn't load properly for 10 minutes; it just returns (null) for all calls, even though the data files all have valid data in them. During this time, if I restart conky, it flashes up instantly, like it's not even bothering to contact the website. Then, once the system has been running for 10 minutes, it works perfectly.

Code:
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-vRUUFL/pkcs11: No such file or directory

I'm reluctant to contact Teo on his new thread, as I have found the Arch forum is really snobbish and they (Teo excepted) hate having non-Arch users on their site. Plus, I think it's something to do with permissions, rather than the script itself.

Any ideas?
    That's a known problem with Conky 1.8.1-6. Nothing you can do other than go to 1.8.1-5 and pin the version. VinDSL and a few others noticed that, I'm just repeating what I'm told.

1.8.1-6 doesn't run any executable in Conky until the first interval, where previous versions ran the executable at startup and then each interval. Problem still getting researched upstream, last I checked.

Reference

P.S. Check my Sig. Teo moved to CrunchBang for their lack of snobbish behaviour. The "New" link to his thread leads to CrunchBang now.
    Last edited by 42dorian; May 1st, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Beans

Despite what my wife says I don't know everything.
    Yeah, I have that problem with most of my family. They think I know and can do everything no matter how impossible it actually is.

I have a response I like to use when this happens.

I'm Good. I'm Not God.

Enjoy.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Yeah, I have that problem with most of my family. They think I know and can do everything no matter how impossible it actually is.

I have a response I like to use when this happens.

I'm Good. I'm Not God.

Enjoy.
    Haha. Except mine is usually being facetious.

--- Linus Torvalds

Beans

Code:

Any ideas?
    If you want to fix the "null" bug,
    use the deb from this page to downgrade conky in 12.04.
    conky-all 1.8.1-5
    Choose your architecture under the Builds heading for a deb file.

Uninstall your current conky package then install the downloaded deb.

Open synaptic and search for conky-all. Highlight the conky-all package
    and under Package in the menubar choose Lock Version.
    (May have to install synaptic)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    That's a known problem with Conky 1.8.1-6. Nothing you can do other than go to 1.8.1-5 and pin the version.

P.S. Check my Sig. Teo moved to CrunchBang for their lack of snobbish behaviour. The "New" link to his thread leads to CrunchBang now.
    Thanks for the pointers, guys. Unfortunately I've locked up my 12.04 installation, so back on 11.10 for a while. Btw, does anyone know why my wireless connection, which has always been "wlan0", now becomes "eth1" under 12.04? Just an inconvenience having to change conkyrc.

Page 1967 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 967146718671917195719651966196719681969197720172067 ... LastLast