Thread: sabnzbd package broken

Beans

sabnzbd package broken

I am very new to Ubuntu and have installed 12.04 alongside windows 7. On windows 7 I have newshosting setup through sabnzbd+, sickbeard and couchpotato. As I am trying to use ubuntu more I tried setting up this system on 12.04. While I was following a guide(possibly outdated)I did the following step (Once you have opened the Ubuntu Software Center, make sure it is selected, and that you can see the title (Ubuntu Software Center) at the top of your screen on the left. Mouse over the title to gain access to the Applications Menu. Now, click on Edit and then on Software Sources towards the bottom and another window should open up.
    Now, in the Software Sources window, find and click on the Other Software tab. Then, under this tab at the bottom, click on the Add… button. Another little window should pop-up, on the APT line: enter the following (triple check or copy and paste):
    ppa:jcfp/ppa
    Hit Add Source, enter your user password if prompted, and then Close.
    Once done, return to the Ubuntu Software Center window and lets get a move on to the Installation section (next page)!)

After completing this step everything seemed fine for awhile but now im getting errors saying my packages are broken. I try to repair broken packages through synaptic package manager and I get an error saying: "E:unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. E: unable to lock the download directory."
    This is messing my entire computer up. I cant use the software centre nor can perform any updates period. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post anything else needed (this is not a question on how to fix sabnzbd, this is a question on how to take it off my computer)
    Last edited by garrettg81; April 29th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.