Thread: Display Resolution Too Low - Driver Problems.

Beans

Display Resolution Too Low - Driver Problems.

I am new to Linux, and I have a mini-pc with an ASRock AD2700B-ITX motherboard, with an Intel PowerVR SGX545 graphic card on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 the final version, which I installed today.
    Everything is working properly and is quite quick and responsive, except of the resolution which is too low and can not be set higher than 1280x1024(5:4) on the Benq G22220HD display.
    Up to ~1920 are technically possible, I assume this is a driver problem?
    How can one solve this issue?

p.s.
    If there is no solution, would an external graphic card do the trick, if yes, which one would work?

Beans

Re: Display Resolution Too Low - Driver Problems.

Beans

Re: Display Resolution Too Low - Driver Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by equipment555 View Post
    I am new to Linux, and I have a mini-pc with an ASRock AD2700B-ITX motherboard, with an Intel PowerVR SGX545 graphic card on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 the final version, which I installed today.
    Everything is working properly and is quite quick and responsive, except of the resolution which is too low and can not be set higher than 1280x1024(5:4) on the Benq G22220HD display.
    Up to ~1920 are technically possible, I assume this is a driver problem?
    How can one solve this issue?

p.s.
    If there is no solution, would an external graphic card do the trick, if yes, which one would work?

I've just got a DN2800MT and have the same low resolution problem. Going to get a PCI Express x1 to PCI Express x16 adapter and try fitting a low profile graphics card.